Fallin Packs a Lot Into Roll Call Speech
In announcing Oklahoma’s delegate count at the Republican National Convention here Tuesday, Gov. Mary Fallin packed in a lot of references: Janna Little Ryan, faith and freedom, red state and some other things.
She was standing next to her husband, Wade Christensen.
Here it is, in rough form:
“A state that believes in faith, family and freedom, a state that has one of the strongest economies in the United States and an unemployment rate of 4.9 percent, a state that in the heartland and is the home of Janna Little Ryan. It’s also the state that is the reddest state in the nation where Barack Obama lost every single county.”
She then cast 34 of Oklahoma’s delegate votes to GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney and 6 for Rep. Ron Paul, who ran unsuccessfully for president.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 27414Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17780Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8920UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8299Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 8258Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 8241OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8000Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 6391Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5825Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5287Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients