Markwayne Mullin Tapped to Give National Republican Address
U.S. House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, has chose Markwayne Mullin, the Republican nominee in the 2nd District congressional race in Oklahoma, to give the weekly GOP address on Saturday. Mullin is facing Democrat Rob Wallace and Independent Michael G. Fulks in the Nov. 6 election to replace retiring Rep. Dan Boren, D-Muskogee.
Here is the release from Boehner’s office:
House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) today announced that Oklahoma small businessman and rancher Markwayne Mullin will deliver the Weekly Republican Address on Saturday, October 13.
“Small businesses continue to struggle in this weak economy, and all the taxing, spending and red tape coming from the Obama administration is only making things worse,” Speaker Boehner said. “Markwayne Mullin has run a business and created jobs, and he understands the need to shut down the jobs-destroying red tape factory in Washington, DC. I’m looking forward to hearing Markwayne’s address, and, if elected, I know he’ll be a strong voice in the House for a smaller, more accountable, and less costly government.”
“People in Oklahoma know our economy doesn’t need more regulations– it needs more certainty,” Mullin said. “If we’re serious about keeping jobs here and bringing jobs home, we need to stop burdening small businesses with excessive and unnecessary regulations. I’m honored to deliver this week’s Republican address, and will use this time to discuss how running a small businesses drives my campaign for solutions to restrain the government bureaucracy and promote long-term economic growth.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients