A Second White House Petition Filed to Allow Oklahoma to Secede from Union
A petition was filed on the White House website to allow Oklahoma to secede from the union and create its own new government.
At 5 p.m. ET on Tuesday, the petition had 5,369 signatures _ not all from Oklahomans _ leaving it 19,631 signatures short of requiring a White House response.
The petition was started by someone identified on the website as “david t” from Grove, OK.
A separate petition was started on Saturday for Oklahoma to secede. That one was started by Matthew M of Owasso and has 12,845 signatures.
Numerous such petitions have been filed on the website. There is also a petition calling for deportation of all those who signed a petition to withdraw their state from the union. That petition had 6,374 signatures at 5 p.m. Tuesday.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients