Sen. Jim Inhofe Comments on the Passing of Sen. Daniel Inouye
Sen. Jim Inhofe, R-Tulsa, released the following statement on Monday’s death of Sen. Daniel Inouye, D-Hawaii:
“Today America lost a hero; Hawaii lost a faithful and loving Senator; and I lost a friend with the passing of Senator Daniel Inouye.
“As veterans and colleagues, we have shared a deep appreciation for our nation’s military as well as for aviation. I never made a request of Sen. Inouye that was not granted, as he was always one to work towards a bipartisan consensus for the good of the country. Some of my favorite memories in the Senate are of being around him, former Sen. Ted Stevens, and former Sen. Bob Dole because of the rich history they carried together of the WWII era. Sen. Inouye will go down as one of the most humble people I have ever met. He was kind, generous and will always be an example for how to be a quality leader and public servant. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and the people of Hawaii.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 27414Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17780Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8920UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8299Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 8258Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 8241OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8000Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 6391Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5825Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5287Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients