Having "2nd thoughts"?
Last month we said the Americans Elect effort to field a “unity” ticket for the presidency probably wouldn’t amount to anything. So far it’s amounted to less than nothing. Although Americans Elect has qualified for the ballot in a number of states, including Oklahoma, it can’t seem to find suitable candidates for an online nominee selection scheduled next month. So an idea hailed by University of Oklahoma President David Boren is on hold. The idea wasn’t to create a third party but to offer a “2nd way” toward electing a president. Results to date indicate that it’s not a “2nd way” but a “No way!” Perhaps Americans Elect’s fortunes will improve in the same way efforts to do away with the Electoral College have. On “2nd thought,” those efforts haven’t amounted to anything either.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients