Can't draw flies?
Want to know why Vice President Joe Biden made an unannounced visit to Iraq last week? Because administration officials figured he’d draw a bigger crowd that way. Rim shot, please. We jest because the Veep’s announced trip to Wattsburg, Pa., near Erie, also last week, attracted only about 100, according to local reports. Biden was there to talk about using federal stimulus money to expand Internet access to rural areas. Obviously, folks in Wattsburg didn’t find the topic all that stimulating. Certainly, Biden isn’t the first vice president to struggle for attention, and he won’t be the last.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients