Read the fine print
The headline on the CNN.com web site suggested President Barack Obama’s health care address to Congress really rang the bell with Americans: “Poll finds big swing after Obama speech”. The report said a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll found 67 percent of those who watched Obama’s speech favored his health care plans. Now, that’s not the same thing as 67 percent of all Americans — just those who tuned in to the speech. Indeed, further on the report says the poll same was weighted to include way more Democrats than Republicans — 45 percent to 18 percent. With that kind of sample the only real news would have been a poll that found the speech bombed.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients