The rest of the story
An Associated Press dispatch over the weekend brought forth the news that the Anchorage Daily News, Gov. Sarah Palin’s hometown newspaper (or pretty close to it) endorsed Sen. Barack Obama for president. One implication to be drawn is that, omigosh, the McCain-Palin ticket can’t win the endorsement of the largest newspaper in Alaska, the state Palin governs. The paper’s editorial noted Palin’s impact as John McCain’s running mate, “but it does not overwhelm all other judgment” — that McCain is the “wrong choice for president.” The rest of the story, either omitted by AP or trimmed from the version published in USA Today, is that the Daily News endorsed Democrat John Kerry four years ago — making the newspaper a liberal island in sea of conservatism that basically adores Palin. Nice to know.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39233Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13073Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12407New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 10235Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10192UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7498Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7224Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7166Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6621Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5869Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients