Barack Obama is still trying to recover from that conversation with Joe the Plumber in Ohio. Friday in Florida the Democratic presidential nominee talked about his plan to increase taxes on wealthier Americans to fund a tax cut for middle-class Americans. Obama said he’s got nothing against being rich or pursuing the American dream. He said he only wants to make sure everyone has a shot at the dream. He also took a shot at Republicans John McCain and Sarah Palin for calling his tax plan socialistic. “I don’t know when they decided they wanted to make a virtue out of selfishness,” Obama said. Selfish? Tough way to characterize Americans resistant to Washington taking an even larger portion of their hard-earned income.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15818Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 15704Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11547Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11243'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10839Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9666OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 7447Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6917Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6738Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6691Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients