'Do you solemnly swear ... ?'
Here’s an intriguing scenario: Former President Bill Clinton being grilled at wife Hillary’s Senate confirmation hearing about potential conflicts of interest between his globetrotting interests and her role as secretary of state. A number of Republican senators are interested in putting Bill Clinton under oath, according to a report in the Politico. Spouses appear at confirmation hearings all the time, but usually from the first row of the audience, where they nod and/or smile at committee members who’re poised to rip the lungs out of their loved one. In this case the workings of the former president’s international foundation — specifically, its money-raising arm — are grist for discussion. “Seeking donations from foreign governments is definitely concerning,” a Senate GOP told Politico. Of course, other stuff would come up as well, which would make the Hillary-Bill Show from Capitol Hill that much better.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17776Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 14796Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11428Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11084'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10542Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9183Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 8337OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6864Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6373Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5941Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients