Proposed three-pronged strategy for Romney
During a visit this week with The Oklahoman’s editorial board, U.S. Rep. Tom Cole, a political junkie, predicted the U.S. Senate could end up in Republican control if GOP candidate Mitt Romney defeats President Barack Obama. How best to make the latter happen?
Cole, R-Moore, suggested a three-pronged strategy for Romney to consider in the closing weeks of the election. One is to continue asking voters what reason is there to believe the next four years will be any different than what Obama has produced during the past four years.
Another is to, “Let (Paul) Ryan be Ryan.” Cole believes Ryan could be especially potent on college campuses, outlining his Medicare reform plan to those who are and will be paying for it instead of focusing on seniors who won’t be affected by his proposed changes.
Cole’s top recommendation for Romney? “Focus everything on the economy,” he said. “Nothing else matters.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26051Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17463Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8771OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8410Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 8211UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7989Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7271Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6160Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5551Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4750Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients