Good advice from OU President Boren
University of Oklahoma President David Boren is urging OU football supporters to show Notre Dame fans the same kindness that Sooner fans bestow on other visitors to Norman. It’s a good move by Boren.
Notre Dame hasn’t played a game in Norman in 46 years, but the Fighting Irish did snap OU’s record 47-game win streak back in 1957. Some Sooner fans are still sore over that. Others just don’t like the Irish program, for whatever reason, as has been clear on radio talk shows and was reflected in an Oklahoman story Monday that gave OU fans a chance to vent.
There’s no accounting for knuckleheads, but our guess is Oklahoma fans will heed Boren’s advice and do as they always do, which is to root for the Sooners and treat the visitors in a way that leaves them impressed with the hospitality and glad they came — even if the game doesn’t go their way.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24112Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13400Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10660Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10343UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7789Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6928Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6551Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6286Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6076Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4932OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients