We’ve noted repeatedly that Oklahoma Republicans have more diversity in their leadership than many who promote affirmative action. It looks like that’s true in South Carolina as well.
South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, who is one of only two Indian-American governors in the nation, appointed U.S. Rep. Tim Scott to fill an unexpired term in the U.S. Senate. Scott, a Republican, will be the first black U.S. senator in state history, and the only black member of that chamber from either political party.
Meanwhile in Massachusetts, it’s rumored that former Gov. Michael Dukakis may be appointed to fill John Kerry’s U.S. Senate seat should Kerry be nominated as secretary of state. Yep, Democrats may replace a white male with another white male.
Fortunately for Democrats embarrassed by double standards, Massachusetts’ other U.S. Senator is Elizabeth Warren, who provides gender balance — along with dubious claims of American Indian heritage.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17700Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 13947Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11336Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 10871'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10364Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 10094Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6825OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6766Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6423Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 6208Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients