Welcome to the Archivist.
Welcome to The Oklahoman’s News Research Center’s weblog – “The Archivist.”
The News Research Center archives the pages of The Okahoman for history. The staff catalogs the text and photographs electronically to make them easily searchable and retrievable. They also provide research for reporters and editors and for the public on a fee basis.
My name is Mary Phillips and I am a news research specialist. I have worked for the News Research Center for more than 25 years. When I started, stories were cut out of the newspaper and filed in envelopes, and prints of photographs were filed in envelopes, too
Now, both stories and photographs are stored digitally, and The Oklahoman is available through our online archives back to 1900.
The Archivist hopes to be a gateway to the history that can be found in the files of The Oklahoman. I will be your principal guide as we revisit the stories that make up our history. Some will be big and some little, but we hope you will find them interesting.
The adventure starts now!
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24594Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 16991Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10679OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 9258Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7954Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7390UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 6889Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 5783Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5259Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4425Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients