Alexandre Giroux gets call to Edmonton
BY RYAN ABER
After the Barons 5-3 loss to Abbotsford on Friday night, Alexandre Giroux was focused squarely on happenings in Oklahoma City.
“You can’t worry about that,” Giroux said of the news earlier in the day that Oilers rookie Taylor Hall had been lost for the season, possibly opening a spot in Edmonton for the 29-year-old veteran. “You don’t have any control over that so you just do your best here and hope it gets recognized.”
Giroux got the call from Edmonton, becoming the latest Barons player to earn a shot with the Oilers this season.
Going into tonight’s game against Abbotsford, Giroux is one of five players who have played in every game with the Barons.
Brad Moran, Colin McDonald, Teemu Hartikainen and Ben Ondrus are the others.
Giroux got off to a slow start but has steadily heated up, moving to second in the American Hockey League in points and third in goals.
Giroux has 29 goals and 36 assists for 65 points in 61 games.
Giroux has played in 31 NHL games with the New York Rangers and Washington Capitals, scoring four goals and five assists.
In 697 AHL game, Giroux has 637 points (337 goals, 300 assists) and 831 penalty minutes.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients