Barons fall 4-0 to Chicago, drop down playoff ladder
BY RYAN ABER
Playing their third game in as many days against a team that was a day removed from coming off a five-day break, it wasn’t surprising that the Barons had a letdown Sunday.
Whether they could afford it could be another story.
Locked in a tight race in the West Division, the Barons fell 4-0 at Chicago, falling into a three-way tie for fourth with nine games left.
All of the Wolves’ goals were scored on special teams, with Tim Miller starting things off by taking advantage of a Barons giveaway to score shorthanded 11:37 into the game.
The Wolves then added a pair of power-play goals in a 1:15 stretch in the middle of the second. Both came off separate Ben Ondrus minor penalties.
Chicago scored another power-play goal in the third to finish 3 of 6 with the advantage. The Barons were scoreless on seven power-play tries.
The Barons get a day off today before resuming the trip at second-place Milwaukee on Tuesday. The trip concludes with a trio of games at Houston over the weekend.
The loss was the first time on the trip the Barons have failed to pick up a point. They’re now 2-1-0-2 on the trip.
Newly signed forward Dusty Collins sat out in favor of a seventh defenseman. The Barons were joined by Tanner House, who signed an amateur tryout contract with the team earlier in the day.
House, who sat out as a healthy scratch, signed a two-year deal with the Barons NHL affiliate Edmonton a day earlier. That deal takes effect next season.
Taylor Fedun, who was also added on an ATO earlier in the month, has yet to see action with the Barons.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16568Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11531OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11459'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11122Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 11072Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 9787Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7713Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6975Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6919Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5729Oklahoma Corrections Department director to resign
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients