A real head scratcher
Are you scratching your head yet? That’s the only possible reaction for any parent who has survived a child with head lice and read today’s news story about schools and their head lice policies. The gist of the article is that many schools are now allowing students back at school as long as the creepy-crawlies are gone even if the nits – the lice eggs- are still firmly attached. That change was long ago recommended by a pediatrician’s association. Part of the problem is students can miss several days of school while their parents try every product available to kill the little boogers and pull out every. single. egg. If there was silver lining in my family’s lice nightmare, it was that school was out for summer. Because it took the better part of six weeks and a toxic prescription shampoo before I could stop the grueling, nightly checks of every hair in my daughter’s beautifully thick mane while my newborn just wanted his mommy. I thought I might lose my mind. My daughter ended up with a really cute, short hair cut. And I still panic every time I see her scratch her head.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients