Help me make a clean sweep: My home is running away from me
It’s time for me to declare war … on grime.
And, I’d like your help.
I’ve let the house get away from me! It’s running off down the street now, flailing it’s dusty window shades and leaving a trail of broken pretzels, scraps of paper and hairy fuzz balls behind.
The shiny luster of my kitchen floor has become, well, lackluster. Trampled by dirty shoe soles, little bare feet, and muddy dog paws, and paired with countless spills of milk, juice and pop, my beautiful porcelain tiles have surrendered and succumbed to a dingy coating that will take some real scrubbing to remove. And let’s not even discuss the grout! Yikes!
When my husband and I first moved into our home, the baseboards, sinks and floors received a cleaning every week. It was a Saturday morning task that took just that — a Saturday morning.
Now, three children and a golden labrador later, our house is asking for an intervention.
There’s not piles of trash and it’s not ready to be condemned. But it needs attention.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26920Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17660Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8676UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8213Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 8153OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8000Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7952Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6297Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5734Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5128Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients