It's all four fun!
Click here to read last year’s post.)
Well, for the past month or so, my son has been asking me if he’s 4 yet. He just couldn’t wait to change his age. Last weekend, he finally got his wish. He even got up the morning after his birthday and said “I need to go look in the mirror and make sure I’m still 4!”
As with other ages, the changes just keep coming. This past year:
Sports become the biggest deal. You would not believe how serious tiny tots soccer can be. Just ask the dads yelling from the sidelines.
There’s the first dental visit. And I’ve already gotten the talk about orthodontia work in his future. I guess I should start saving for braces now.
He mastered the art of manipulation. You would not believe how smart kids get between 3 and 4. They know how to play on your every emotion, twist your words, and somehow always find a way to get what they want.
There’s a new shyness. He went to the doctor today and cried because he “didn’t want to be naked.” This was the same boy who was only too content running around the house in his underwear. So out came the hospital gown … one covered in Bugs Bunny and the Tasmanian Devil, of course.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients