Simplicity and Graco cribs recalled
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commision this week announced the recall of Simplicity full-size cribs with tubular metal mattress-support frames and the voluntary recall of Graco-Branded Drop Side Cribs Made by LaJobi.
The cribs were recalled due to suffocation and entrapment hazards.
Simplicity crib recall
For the Simplicity cribs: The crib’s tubular metal mattress-support frame can bend or detach and cause part of the mattress to collapse, creating a space into which an infant or toddler can roll and become wedged, entrapped or fall out of the crib.
CPSC received a report of a 1-year-old child from North Attleboro, Mass. who suffocated when he became entrapped between the crib mattress and the crib frame in April 2008. CPSC is aware of 13 additional incidents involving the recalled cribs collapsing due to the metal mattress- support frame bending or detaching.
The recalled cribs were sold at Walmart, Target, Babies ‘R’ Us and other stores nationwide for between $150 and $300. Consumers should contact the store where the crib was purchased to receive a refund, replacement crib or store credit.
This recall involves ALL Simplicity cribs with tubular metal mattress-support frames. Due to the fact that simplicity and its parent company are no longer in business the CPSC has limited information about the number of cribs sold and exact model numbers. Thus model numbers include, but are not limited to the following:
Aspen 4-in-1: 8755
Chelsea Deluxe 4-in-1 Convertible Sleep System: 8324
Graco 4-in-1 Ultra Sleep System: 4600
Graco Aspen 3-in-1: 8740
Simplicity Crib and Changer Combo: 8994
Simplicity Ellis Deluxe 4-in-1 Convertible Sleep System: 8676
Simplicity Nursery-in-a-Box Convertible Crib: 8910
Simplicity has been the subject of almost a dozen recalls since 2005 ands its cribs and bassinets have been linked to 13 deaths. Previous recalls included all Simplicity dropside cribs.
For more information about the Simplicity crib recall, go to http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml10/10211.html.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17613Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 13042Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11234Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 11211Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 10608'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10120Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7197Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 6592Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6062New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 5967Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients