Holiday fun for kids
This weekend is Memorial Day and if you’re one of many, you have three fantastic days off to enjoy. You may be visiting relatives or heading out to the lake. But if you still don’t have any idea what to do with the kids for three days, and plan to stay local, here are some ideas.
Star Spangled Salute Air Show, Saturday, Tinker Air Force Base. The aviation acts will leave any child captivated and fascinated. For more information, go to http://wimgo.com/events/29627/star-spangled-salute-air-show. My toddler may be a little young (he scares easily from loud noises) but I hear it is a terrific family event.
Chuck Wagon Gathering & Children’s Cowboy Festival, Saturday-Sunday, at the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum. Food, kids’ activities, pony rides. It doesn’t get more fun (and educational) than this. You may even be able to coerce your kids into behaving long enough to let you walk around the museum and check out exhibits. For more info, go to http://wimgo.com/events/27105/chuck-wagon-gathering-childrens-cowboy-festival.
The Oklahoma City Zoo starts its summer hours this weekend: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily, beginning Monday. I personally bought a Zoo Friends pass online at www.okczoo.com so that my son and I could go all summer. He loves the zoo, and it kills a few hours (and calories!) every time we go. Save the playground for last because once the kids get in it, they won’t want to leave.
As an added bonus, they have a program just for 4- and 5-year-olds this Saturday from 10 to 11 a.m. Check it out at http://wimgo.com/events/31220/ .
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16614OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 14171Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13556Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 10806Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9444Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7747Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7539Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7474'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 7103Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 7093Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients