Do you know your day care?
My son is in the midst of a transition right now. He is getting ready to start a new day care and after talking to another provider, I learned that there is much information available about the place my son will be cared for.
I started my search for information at www.okdhs.org. From there, you can click on the ‘child care locator/summary of facility monitoring’ link and type in the name of the day care you want to know more about. But you’ll only see general information. It doesn’t cite specific complaints or violations.
So I called the local DHS office and found out that anyone can go take a look at a daycare’s complete file. Just call the DHS licensing division at 767-2650 at least 24 hours in advance so they can prepare the file for you, and you’ll be in the know.
Most of the information should also be available at the daycare itself. You can ask any provider to see their compliance folder and they are obligated to let you look through it. If they won’t let you or if they say they don’t have one, contact DHS and let them know.
You can never be too careful or thorough when it comes to your child’s daycare.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17652Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 13467Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11283Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 10735'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10251Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 10005Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6673Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6352Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 6100Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5666OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients