5 things to do with old toys
So Christmas has come and gone. Santa has probably brought your kids a toy (or ten) and now you wonder what you can do with all those toys your kids don’t play with anymore or have outgrown. I look at all my son’s baby toys and wonder what I can possibly do with them, as I am quickly running out of room.
I took some suggestions from friends and family and here are a few:
1. Keep them. If you plan on having more kids, you’ll be one step ahead and not have to buy all those toys all over again.
2. Give them to friends. Especially expecting or new parents. It will help cut down the costs for them and you’ll surely win friend points.
3. Consign them. There is a big consignment sale twice a year in Oklahoma City and Norman. It’s the Just Between Friends sale and they take tons of toys, clothing, strollers, you name it. They pay the consignor 65% of the sale. Not bad if you have a ton of stuff and would like to make a little back to put toward future toy and clothing purchases. Go to their Website to sign up or get more information. In Oklahoma City, go to http://okc.jbfsale.com. The sale will be at the Oklahoma State Fairgrounds. In Norman, go to http://norman.jbfsale.com. The sales will be at the Cleveland County Fairgrounds. Registration begins in January and the sales are set for March.
4. Goodwill. 84 percent of the revenue brought into the Goodwill stores goes to their employment and training opportunities, which helps people find good jobs. Go to www.goodwill.org or your closest Goodwill store for more information on how to donate.
5. Infant Crisis Services. This local nonprofit helps the youngest of children. If you have baby toys that are gently used, they will gladly take them to give to families in need. You can donate new or good used clothing (preemie to size 6) and shoes, and new or good used toys, among many other items. Call 528-3663 or go to www.infantcrisis.org for more information.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15991OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 14570Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 9562Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 9374Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 9102'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 8275Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 7661Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7564Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7457Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7060Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients