Seasonably bad running
At times I revel in cold weather running.
The sense of defeating the elements is empowering.
Refusing to let something as piddly as snow flurries and a negative wind chill stand between me and the five miles I’ve written down on my calendar, gives me a sense of accomplishment beyond what pounding the pavement usually provides.
But the past two weeks of continuous cloud cover and borderline freezing temperatures have had the opposite effect.
I blame my miserableness on the unseasonably warm days in March that reminded me of the joys of summer running. You know – the little things – like not having to wear three layers of heavy clothing or not being afraid that if you get a side cramp and have to walk home you might freeze to death.
Last week I was so done with cold weather running that I ran once. One time in six days. And my long run? Forget about it. I put in five slow miles with my body protesting the entire run.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24939Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 15605Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9621UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8603Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7447Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6907Tom Ward out as SandRidge CEO
- 6484Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6322OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6156Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5797Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients