Ultra-marathoner hosting free barefoot running clinic in Oklahoma City
In case you hate shoes, here’s some info about events coming up just in time for the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon:
Backwoods, Inc., today announced world renown ultra-marathoner Jason Robillard’s visit to Oklahoma City and an in-store clinic with the athlete Friday, April 27, 2012 from 7p.m. to 9p.m. For this event, Backwoods has partnered with Merrell to bring awareness to the ever growing sport of barefoot and minimalist running. The event will be hands-on, customers will have the opportunity to try Merrell’s line of barefoot shoes and participants will have a chance to go on a short run with Robillard and staff. Backwoods’ Oklahoma City store is located at 12315 N. May Avenue, Suite 103, Oklahoma City, OK 73120.
“We have seen the level of interest in barefoot and minimalist running grow over the past few years and wanted to offer our customers the chance to meet the expert, as well as hear how to make a safe transition to barefoot running,” Jennifer Mull, Backwoods’ chief executive officer, said. “We understand how important the outdoors are to this community and we want to make sure we are providing our customers with the information and products they need to enjoy all that this city, and the surrounding areas, have to offer.”
Barefoot running consists of running with nothing on the runner’s feet while minimalist running means running in shoes that provide limited or no support, only minimal protection.
The clinic at Backwoods will be lead by Jason Robillard, who has over 20 years experience as a barefoot runner and logs nearly 100 miles per week training. Robillard is also founder and director of Barefoot Running University. As a barefoot runner, he has competed 5k, 10k, 15k, half-marathon, 25k, marathon, 50 mile and 100 mile distances barefoot. He is also the author of “The Barefoot Running Book: The Art and Science of Barefoot & Minimalist Shoe Running,” a book that outlines how anyone can transition to this style of running.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients