Setting a new goal
So this is awkward.
After months of training, I’ve achieved my goal. I ran a half marathon, and I made it the whole way without walking. Even though it took me 68 hours, I finished!
So now what?
I know I’m not ready for a full marathon, and I really want to train for another half marathon. But I’m not really sure how. I asked my de facto running coach, Megan Rolland, and she suggested a couple of 5ks or 10ks – then hop back on the training bandwagon. I like it.
Her next race will be the 2011 Blaze, a run through the Oklahoma City Adventure District that benefits Limbs for Life. I’m going along, too. After running 13.1 miles, a 5k should be a piece of cake, right? Hopefully. Unless my body is still sorry and angry at making it run 13.1 miles through the cold rain May 1.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15647OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 15447Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 10056'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 9335Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 8950Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7906Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 7604Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7402Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7043Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 7042Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients