My best running excuses
This morning I overslept, so instead of running 3 miles as planned, I had enough time for 1 sad, little mile. (When you’re as slow as I am, there’s a big difference in time between 1 mile and 3.) When I woke up so, so late, I really wanted to give up because I was under a time crunch instead of having lots of time to kick around. I tried to think of all my other excuses, and then I realized I have a list of five favorites.
5. It’s too hot/cold/wet/rainy/windy/bright/dark outside! (If you wait for a perfect, 74-degree day in Oklahoma, you’ll only get to run, like, twice all year.)
4. I don’t know where I want to run. (Sometimes it’s OK to go out and not know your exact route. As a moderate Type A personality, I’m still working on doing this one.)
3. My favorite running pants are in the wash. (The secret to running success is always the pants, right?)
2. I forget how far I’m supposed to go today, and my training plan is at the office/gym/house. I better not go because I don’t want to go the wrong distance. (Running isn’t a math formula. You don’t get it right or wrong.)
And my favorite excuse for not getting up and running …
1. It’s too early. *snooze button* It’s too early. *snooze* Too early. *snooze* Aaah! Now it’s too late! (Cheater.)
What have we learned? No excuse is a good one.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16166Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12480Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 11351'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11233Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11000Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 10503OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 7225Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6948Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6833Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 6790Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients