Did you miss Doctor's Day?
You can be forgiven for thinking yesterday was anything more than a nice day to watch college hoops.
It was, but it also was National Doctor’s Day.
The American Medical Association uses the day to honor the more than 900,000 physicians in the United States.
“On this day of tribute, Americans can express appreciation for physicians’ continued commitment to providing exceptional medical care,” according to an AMA release.
The nation’s doctors, throughout almost 1 billion patient visits annually, are called to be healers, confidants and advocates, the AMA says.
The organization also says two-thirds of U.S. doctors provide some form of charity care and in 2006 were ranked the nation’s most trusted occupation.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19471Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 14514Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10937UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 9667Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8444Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
- 7027Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 5625Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 5257Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 4924Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4923Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients