So fresh, so clean: Time to visit farmers' markets
Every summer, I listen to my mother rave about fresh tomatoes from my family’s garden. She always makes these bacon and tomato sandwiches that I seriously took for granted when I lived at home.
This summer, I plan to attempt to have a garden in my little backyard.
If my garden fails, I have a backup plan — farmers’ markets. Actually, I’m going to go to farmers’ markets anyway. It’s one of those things I keep saying I’m going to do, so now you can be here to hold me accountable.
There are a few farmer’s markets in Oklahoma City, and this list provides you with most of the markets in Oklahoma.
On Saturday, you can go to the OSU-OKC Farmer’s Market at the OSU-OKC Horticulture Pavilion at 400 N. Portland Ave.
The state health department has some guidelines for handling and storing fresh fruits and vegetables. Follow those, and you will be able to have safe, delicious bacon and tomato sandwiches all summer long.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients