This Fourth of July, don't shoot off fireworks like I do
Two years ago, I was filming my family’s fireworks show when things took a turn for the worse:
I suffered second-degree burns. In hindsight, I probably should have been farther back, but the journalist in me, of course, had to document our holiday experience.
My parents live in rural Oklahoma, and every year, we have a large fireworks display.
This year was no different. This past weekend, our neighbors came over, and a grand time was had by all. And, in case you’re curious, no camerawomen were harmed.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17844Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 15135Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11465Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11153'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10637Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8906OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8210Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6899Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6524Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 6213Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients