Hey Thunder fans, how does Malik Rose grab you?
ESPN’s Marc Stein is reporting that the Thunder and Knicks are discussing a deal that would send reserve forward Malik Rose to Oklahoma City for Chris Wilcox. Here’s what I know about Rose:
– His $7.6 million deal expires this season.
– He turns 35 in November.
– Unlike Wilcox, who I personally love because I’m from Maryland and he played on the Terps’ only NCAA title team (still doesn’t seem possible that could be true, but sadly it is), Rose will play defense.
– He’s a self-made player out of Drexel who would give the Thunder the toughness and rebounding they’ve needed off the bench. (Think Aaron Williams, the 2006 Hornets’ version, who got a standing ovation in the Ford Center when he checked into a game the first time after being acquired from the Nets).
Stein reported this in an update that led with the Knicks getting a lot of new players. The Chicago Tribune is reporting that Larry Hughes is headed to New York from Chicago in exchange for Jerome James and someone named Anthony Roberson. Knicks fans who have been having Jerome James nightmares for years should sleep well tonight. We’ll be working to confirm and follow up.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16150OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 14605Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 10995Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 9399Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 9121'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 8921Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 7695Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7584Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7477Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7078Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients