Why Big 12 shouldn't count on BYU riding to its rescue
Jay Drew, who covers BYU football for the Salt Lake Tribune, planned to write a story this week on how the Cougars would fare in the Big 12. Logical angle for the week BYU plays at Texas.
Here’s why he decided against it:
“Reports over the weekend that the Big 12 could be a shadow of its former self, or not exist at all, if Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech (or a combination of the four) depart for the Pac-something obviously made that story less sensical,” Drew wrote on his blog.
Instead, Drew posted a few quotes from BYU players and coaches on how the Cougars might fare in the Big 12 — nothing earth-shattering here — and wrote a story on what would happened to BYU if the Big 12 implodes.
Judging from comments made by BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe since the school declared its independence a year ago, the safest bet, according to one former member of the athletics administration, is that BYU will stay put.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 22062Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13856Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 11034Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10900UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7641Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
- 7472Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6309Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 5703Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5621Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5179Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients