Did you know?
Fireworks safety guidelines
• Always read the instructions carefully before attempting to light a fireworks item.
• Never pick up unlit or unexploded fireworks. Malfunctioning fireworks should be soaked in a bucket of water for one hour before disposing. Never attempt to relight malfunctioning fireworks.
• Do not store failed or dud fireworks. These can suddenly ignite without warning.
• Do not throw burned out sparklers on the ground. The hot debris left over from the sparkler can burn someone if they step on it.
• Shoot fireworks one at a time, never try to light several fuses at one time.
• Always wear proper clothing whenever you use fireworks. This includes cotton or denim clothing, long pants, eye protection, covered shoes, and (if necessary) ear protection.
• Keep fireworks away from open flames, including cigarettes. Do not smoke around fireworks.
• Keep your fireworks dry. Never attempt to light fireworks that have become wet.
• When lighting fireworks, consider the direction of the wind and wind speed. Never light fireworks if the wind is too strong.
• Never allow children to use fireworks without direct adult supervision. Children should be instructed on the safe use of fireworks before allowing them to participate.
The Fireworks Alliance