These construction projects will impact travel on major highways from Wednesday through Sunday for the July Fourth holiday:
1. Interstate 35 is narrowed near Seward Road daily during daylight hours.
2. Be alert to reduced speeds on State Highway 74 near Crescent.
3. U.S. 64 is closed near the U.S. 77 junction in Perry; follow detour signs through downtown.
4. U.S. 177 is narrowed from near the SH 33 junction to the Payne/Lincoln County line.
5. SH 33 is closed between Custer City and SH 47; use U.S. 183 and SH 47 as a detour.
6. U.S. 60 and U.S. 59 are narrowed to one lane at the interchange north of Afton.
7. U.S. 169 and U.S. 60 are narrowed at the junction in Nowata during daylight hours daily.
8. SH 56 is narrowed to one lane west of Okmulgee at Deep Fork Creek; temporary signals are in place.
9. U.S. 77 narrows to one lane south of Marietta during daylight hours on Wednesday and Friday; use I-35 between Thackerville and Marietta.
10. SH 48 is narrowed near the SH 31 junction; be alert to temporary signals and flagging operations.
11. SH 17A will narrow just east of the I-35 junction on Wednesday; be alert to temporary signals and flagging operations.
12. U.S. 70 is narrowed approximately nine miles north of the U.S. 259 junction near Broken Bow.
13. SH 3 is narrowed approximately three miles east of Atoka.
14. U.S. 69 is narrowed near the SH 113 junction north of McAlester.
• While all lanes are open on I-35 in Moore and SH 66 in El Reno, be alert and do not cause unnecessary congestion in these areas as tornado relief work continues.
• I-35 is narrowed to two lanes at the South Canadian River bridge, south of SH 9 East in Norman; expect congestion and use U.S. 77 as an alternate route.
• All ramps at the I-35/Main Street interchange in Norman are closed; exit I-35 at Robinson Street when coming from the north or at Lindsey Street from the south or avoid the area if possible.
• The southbound I-235 ramp to NW 50 is permanently closed. Drivers on southbound I-235 wanting to access NW 50 are advised to exit I-235 at NW 36 or eastbound I-44 at Western Avenue to bypass the closure.
• I-40 narrows between Morgan Road and Garth Brooks Boulevard from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily Monday through Friday and from 8 p.m. to noon on weekends.
• I-40 is narrowed at the N Canadian River, between Council Road and Morgan Road.
• Drivers can expect various lane closures on east and westbound U.S. 64/SH 51 (Broken Arrow Expressway) at the U.S. 169 junction from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday.
The following closures are scheduled from 7 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday; expect significant delays in these corridors and locate an alternate route if possible:
• Various lane closures on north and southbound U.S. 169 at the U.S. 64/SH 51 junction.
• The two left lanes of east- and westbound U.S. 64/SH 51 at the U.S. 169 junction.
• The eastbound U.S. 64/SH 51 off-ramp to northbound U.S. 169.
• The westbound U.S. 64/SH 51 off-ramp to southbound U.S. 169.
Expect delays and plan ahead for extra travel time on the Inner Dispersal Loop. Closures include:
• Westbound I-244 is narrowed to two lanes between 2nd Street to near 21st Street S.
• The southbound U.S. 75/westbound U.S. 64/SH 51 off-ramp to westbound I-244/southbound U.S. 75 (south leg IDL to Arkansas River) is closed; detour to the east/north and west legs of the IDL to access westbound I-244/southbound U.S. 75.
• The southbound U.S. 75/westbound U.S. 64/SH 51 on-ramp from Denver Avenue is closed.
• The westbound I-244 off-ramp to eastbound U.S. 64/SH 51 (west leg to south leg IDL) is closed; detour to the north and east legs of the IDL to access eastbound U.S. 64/SH 51.
• All lanes of Lewis Avenue are closed at the I-44 junction; be alert to reduced speeds in this corridor.
• All ramps at the I-244/Memorial Drive interchange are closed; use Sheridan Road or Mingo Road as a detour.
• All lanes of 116th Street N are closed at the U.S. 75 junction. Be alert to reduced speeds in this corridor.
• The left lane of eastbound I-244 will be closed between the U.S. 75 junction and the I-44 junction (western split) from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. weekdays for cable barrier installation.
• Drivers can expect various lane closures on north- and southbound U.S. 75 between 131st Street S and 81st Street S from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays for cable barrier installation.
in the state
• Kilpatrick: Widening project from MacArthur to Eastern. Speed limit is 55 mph.
• Creek: Widening project from U.S. 75 to Memorial in Tulsa. Speed limit is 55 mph.
• Turner: Bridge rehabilitation project at mile marker 163, traffic is head-to-head single lane, speed limit is 55 mph through construction zone; Wellston on-ramp construction, two lanes open, speed reduced through zone to 55 mph; Bridge rehabilitation at mile marker 173, traffic is head-to-head single lane, speed limit is 55 mph through construction zone; Pavement rehabilitation from mile markers 184 to 189, nighttime work, speed reduced; Emergency bridge repair at mile marker 156, traffic is single lane, head-to-head, speed reduced.
• Will Rogers: Vinita Service Plaza closed for remodel, so motorists should use alternative exits for services; bridge reconstruction at mile marker 269, traffic is single lane each direction, speed reduced.
• Muskogee: Bridge reconstruction at mile marker 37, traffic is single lane each direction, speed reduced;
bridge reconstruction mile at marker 33, traffic is single lane each direction, speed reduced.
• Indian Nation: Bridge reconstruction at mile marker 59, traffic is head-to-head single lane, speed reduced;
pavement rehab from mile markers 88 to 92, traffic is head-to-head single lane, speed reduced.
• H.E. Bailey: Bridge reconstruction at mile marker 43, traffic is head-to-head single lane, speed reduced;
cable barrier installation from mile markers 10 to 15, single lane in each direction.
• Cimarron: Cable barrier installation from mile markers 40 to 58, single lane in each direction; cable barrier installation from mile markers 0 to 15 and 25 to 37, single lane in each direction.
For turnpike information, call the Turnpike Authority at 425-3600 or go to www.