In 1900, B.R. Harrington purchased 160 acres from a woman named Tryphosa Boyd, one of the first settlers to come to the Oklahoma City area in the 1889 Land Run.
Harrington had plans for the land to be the home of the state Capitol.
In 1904, Capitol Hill was incorporated as a town; six years later, it was annexed into Oklahoma City. The district joined with $12,000 and a population of 2,500.
Across the North Canadian River from downtown, Capitol Hill was a successful commercial district for many years but had declined significantly by the 1960s and '70s.
Over the last two decades, Capitol Hill received $14.8 million in public and private investment.
In 1997, the Capitol Hill Main Street was established and created an opportunity for Capitol Hill to be revitalized.
The Fiestas de las Americas, which started seven years ago and is one of the area's main attractions, and the “Plaza Project” were created to rehabilitate SW 25 Street and Robinson Avenue.