Let’s see. Texas lost to Ole Miss, a mid-level SEC team. Iowa State lost to Iowa, a lower-tier Big Ten team. Kansas lost to Rice. Yep, Big 12 football is soaring. OSU and OU are carrying the conference banner so far. Here are the weekly rankings:
1. OSU (3-0, 0-0): Rough week for Cowboy football, but maybe things will start returning to normal.
2. Texas Tech (3-0, 1-0): Great start for Kliff Kingsbury. Beating TCU will pay off all season for the Red Raiders.
3. OU (3-0, 1-0): The Sooners found a quarterback, just in time for Notre Dame.
4. Baylor (2-0, 0-0): Unproven, but at least the Bears haven’t proven anything negative.
5. TCU (1-2, 0-1): The Horned Frogs have left contender status. No great shame in losing at Tech, but that’s a game you’ve got to win if you’re going to challenge for the Big 12 title.
6. West Virginia (2-1, 0-1): Hard to distinguish between the Mountaineers and TCU. Both struggled with a I-AA foe. Both played spiritedly against a tough foe (TCU vs. LSU at Arlington, WVU at Norman). So you have to pick between TCU’s loss at Tech and West Virginia’s ho-hum win over fledgling Georgia State. I’ll give TCU the edge on that one.
7. Texas (1-2, 0-0): The Longhorns host Kansas State on Saturday. Austin could get ugly quickly.
8. Kansas State (2-1, 0-0): At least Texas lost to good teams. KSU is 2-1 against a weak schedule.
9. Kansas (1-1, 0-0): Things are looking up for the Jayhawks. Iowa State looks beatable.
10. Iowa State (0-2, 0-0): Cyclones had two long weeks to stew over a loss to Northern Iowa, now they have 12 long days to stew over a loss to Iowa. Speaking of long, this season is going to be just that for ISU.
If you owe under $729k you may qualify for 3.05% APR Govt Refi Plans.