Arkansas tackle Anthony Oden charged with DUI
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Fayetteville police have charged University of Arkansas offensive tackle Anthony Oden with driving while intoxicated and driving without a license.
Little Rock television station KLRT reports that Oden was arrested early Sunday and released Sunday afternoon. He is also charged with careless driving.
Oden has an August hearing about the matter.
Razorbacks head coach Bobby Petrino issued a statement through the university saying he is "disappointed and is handling the matter."
Oden was expected to compete for a starting spot this season.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in