La. US senator urges drilling permits be issued
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — U.S. Sen. Mary Landrieu again is urging the Obama administration to issue deepwater drilling permits.
The Louisiana Democrat called on the administration to approve new permits at a Senate Energy Committee meeting Wednesday.
Landrieu says that deepwater drilling has been "virtually shut down" since the Deepwater Horizon oil rig explosion last April. She says drilling can be done safely.
She says five deepwater platforms in the Gulf have left to drill in other parts of the world, costing the Gulf Coast about 5,000 jobs.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 14189Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12474Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11484OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9977Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8873Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7409Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 7240Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated