Oil falls again, settles below $86
Oil prices fell on a batch of disappointing economic news, and natural gas lost more ground after the government reported there's more than enough gas to go around. Here's how energy contracts traded.
On the New York Mercantile Exchange:
Crude fell $1.69 to settle at $85.64 per barrel.
Gasoline lost 4.34 cents to settle at $2.4132 a gallon.
Heating oil gave up 1.62 cents to settle at $2.6551 a gallon.
Natural gas gave up 18.2 cents to settle at $4.319 per 1,000 cubic feet.
On the ICE futures exchange:
Brent crude dropped 52 cents to settle at $97.39 per barrel.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 36375Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32316Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 24292Oklahoma tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 8069Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6178OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3621College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3359Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?