Charlie Sheen released from Los Angeles hospital

Associated Press Modified: January 28, 2011 at 2:23 pm •  Published: January 28, 2011

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Charlie Sheen is out of the hospital and back home.

Publicist Stan Rosenfield said Sheen left a Los Angeles hospital Thursday night. Sheen had been taken to the hospital earlier in the day complaining of severe stomach pains. Rosenfield said the 45-year-old actor has a history of hernia problems.

Rosenfield said Friday that Sheen will be back on the set of CBS' "Two and a Half Men" when a filming hiatus ends Tuesday.

Sheen has been dogged by personal problems and apparent health issues, with three hospitalizations in three months. Two weeks ago, CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler said the network has a "high level of concern" about its hard-partying star.

CBS spokesman Chris Ender had no further comment Friday.

"Two and a Half Men," the centerpiece of CBS' Monday comedy lineup, continues to be the most popular sitcom on network television.

___

CBS is a division of CBS Corp.

___

Online:

http://www.cbs.com