Perkins-Tryon boys, girls basketball teams beat Seminole
PERKINS — The Perkins-Tryon boys and girls basketball squads swept Seminole at home on Friday. The girls managed a 51-35 victory, while the boys — who led by as much as 35 — won 67-49.
Leading the Lady Demons on Friday was freshman point guard Jeri Adkism with a game-high — and career-high — 25 points. The freshman knocked down five 3-point field goals and went a perfect 6-for-6 from the free throw line. She also finished the game with five assists.
Also scoring double digits for P-T was Jordan Gorham, who finished with 12 points to go with seven rebounds. Leading the Lady Demons in rebounding was Shannon Cotton with a game-high nine boards — to go with four points — as P-T outrebounded Seminole 29-24.
In the boys game, Caleb White sparked Perkins-Tryon’s early run by scoring the team’s first eight points of the game — with six points off two 3-point field goals. After another six points from Kenny Allen, P-T held a 14-2 lead and never looked back.
By halftime, the Demons were up 41-17 and reached their largest lead of the game at 54-19 midway through the third quarter before heading into the final stanza with a 61-27 lead — at which time P-T went to its bench players.
White finished with a game-high 18 points — to go with a team-high five rebounds — and was one of four Demons players to finish in double digits. Sam Kinzie added 16 points, while Allen and bench player Cody Waitt scored 10 points each.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort