Cardinals re-sign 6 players from practice squad
TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) — The Arizona Cardinals re-signed six players from their practice squad and also signed three free agents to contracts for next season.
Re-signed from the practice squad Thursday were center Ryan Bartholomew, cornerback Korey Lindsey, defensive tackle Ricky Lumpkin, running back William Powell, tight end Steve Skelton and linebacker Quan Sturdivant. All six players finished the 2011 season on the Cardinals' practice squad.
Also signed were linebacker Antonio Coleman, guard Chris Stewart and tight end Martell Webb.
Coleman played three games for the Buffalo Bills this season and had four tackles in limited action before being released Dec. 17.
Stewart was released Aug. 24 by the New York Jets. Webb was on the practice squads of the Jets and Tampa Bay this season before the Buccaneers released him Dec. 19.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort