NEW YORK (AP) — A former nightclub owner says he won't take a no-jail plea offer to resolve charges of beating up a prince from Monaco in a New York City bar brawl.
Adam Hock declined Thursday to plead guilty to misdemeanor assault and get sentenced to probation and anger management counseling.
Defense lawyer Joseph Tacopina says Hock was the victim in a February faceoff with Prince Pierre Casiraghi (cah-zee-RAH'-gee) and three of the prince's friends. He says Hock was attacked by "very privileged kids" who "feel they can do whatever they want." He says Hock needs surgery for a shoulder injury from the fracas.
A lawyer for the 24-year-old prince has declined to comment. Lawyer Edward Kratt previously said the prince's group didn't provoke the melee.
The prince was treated for facial cuts.