Summary Box: Copper falls on global economic news
ECONOMIC TARNISH: Copper fell 2.5 percent after China said its first-quarter economic growth slowed and worries lingered about Europe's financial problems. It was the fourth drop this week.
CHINA'S IMPACT: Slower growth in China, the world's second-biggest economy, can have a ripple effect around the globe because it could mean weaker demand for commodities. China is a huge importer of commodities.
WIDESPREAD DECLINES: Prices for gold, industrial metals, oil, grains and beans fell. Heating oil rose.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 94547Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17200OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12970Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8745Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8636Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8239How to help tornado victims
- 7488Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma