Florida slaying suspect caught in La.
OPELOUSAS, La. (AP) — A Florida man sought in the slayings of his wife and the boyfriend of his pregnant daughter has been arrested in Louisiana.
Opelousas police spokesman Darren Zachary says 55-year-old Kevin Satterfield was arrested early Wednesday at a motel after family members provided information about his location.
Florida authorities allege that Satterfield fled his Kissimmee home after fatally shooting 53-year-old Vicki Satterfield and 27-year-old Christian Martinez early Tuesday. He's charged with two counts of first-degree murder and one of attempted murder.
Also shot was his daughter, Heather Satterfield, who was eight months pregnant. The Orlando Sentinel said the baby was delivered and both were recovering.
The newspaper reported that Satterfield told his mother he was going to attack officials at a Framingham, Mass., company where he was fired last year.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 30214Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 19534Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7073OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6093Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5026OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4433Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3498Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater