OU, OSU kickers named to Groza Award list
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — The placekickers for Oklahoma and Oklahoma State have each been named to the watch list for the 2012 Lou Groza Award.
OU sophomore Michael Hunnicut and OSU senior Quinn Sharp are among 30 kickers on the list released Wednesday by the Palm Beach County Sports Commission. The commission presents the award that's named for NFL Hall of Fame kicker Lou Groza.
Sharp was a semifinalist for the award last year after being named first team All-Big 12 as both placekicker and punter and being selected the Big 12 Special Teams player of the year.
As a freshman, Hunnicut tied the OU school record with 21 field goals last season and was honorable mention All-Big 12.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad