Worldwide market share for smartphones
Research firm IDC says manufacturers shipped more smartphones than regular cellphones in the first three months of this year. Here are IDC's figures for worldwide smartphone unit shipments and market share in the first quarter of 2013. There were 216 million smartphone shipped during the quarter, up 42 percent from 153 million a year earlier.
— Samsung Electronics Co., 70.7 million units, 32.7 percent share (28.8 percent share a year earlier, 60.7 percent increase)
— Apple Inc., 37.4 million units, 17.3 percent share (23.0 percent share a year earlier, 6.6 percent increase)
— LG Electronics Inc., 10.3 million units, 4.8 percent share (3.2 percent share a year earlier, more than double)
— Huawei Technologies Ltd., 9.9 million units, 4.6 percent share (3.3 percent share a year earlier, 94.1 percent increase)
— ZTE Corp., 9.1 million units, 4.2 percent share (4.0 percent share a year earlier, 49.2 percent share increase)
— Other, 78.8 million units, 36.4 percent share (37.7 percent share a year earlier, 37.0 percent increase)
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments