Computer maker Lenovo to bring 115 jobs to NC
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) — Electronics maker Lenovo will start making computers at its warehouse near Greensboro.
The company announced Tuesday that it will hire 115 employees to help make the tablet, notebook and desktop computers at its Whitsett facility about 10 miles east of Greensboro.
Lenovo is a Chinese company with a headquarters in Morrisville. The company is trying to expand its sales in the United States.
The new computer line should be producing products by early 2013.
Gov. Beverly Perdue says Lenovo has a tremendous amount of confidence in North Carolina workers.
U.S. Sen. Richard Burr says Lenovo realized how much talent and potential are available with workers in the state
In the past two years, Lenovo has opened plants in China, Brazil and the United States.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 4046At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 3397Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 3003How to help tornado victims
- 2509Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 1115Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 620Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 439Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes