Just call this Philly Brown OSU's top target
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Corey Brown, the Ohio State wide receiver, is often mistaken for another Buckeye, Corey Brown the defensive back.
His name might not be distinctive, but his game is.
The player dubbed "Philly" because of his hometown had 12 catches in the 12th-ranked Buckeyes' 17-16 win on Saturday at Michigan State. To put that into perspective, the most receptions for the season by any Ohio State player a year ago was 14.
After months of harping by coach Urban Meyer, it's clear the Buckeyes finally have a go-to guy out wide.
Now Meyer is hoping Brown will break some tackles and improve upon the meager 84 receiving yards he had against the Spartans in Saturday's game against No. 21 Nebraska.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims