Lake Michigan car ferry cancels Friday sailings
LUDINGTON, Mich. (AP) — The S.S. Badger has canceled a day of service amid a forecast for winds that could kick up waves on Lake Michigan.
The operator of the car ferry that runs between Manitowoc, Wis., and Ludington, Mich., says it won't sail Friday. One round-trip had been scheduled.
The Ludington Daily News reports winds are expected to be up to 30 mph. Ferry operators previously extended the Badger's sailing season into early November.
The Badger's permit that allows it to flush coal ash into Lake Michigan expires in December. Its operators are asking for more time to find an alternative to the coal ash dumping.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 17743Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 11674Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10443Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 10260OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10191Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9850Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9805Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments